Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yoshitomo Nara at the Asia Society - Beware...

What a better day to mention that Nara, one of my all times favorite artists,  is having a show at the Asia Society in New York. Words wouldn't describe my mood today as well as this painting does:


or this one:  


No particular reason to be in such foul mood except that Oops has been the neediest dog today, making it hard to get anything done... He looks a bit like this:



See what I mean??

Sadly, images on the Asia Society website don't show much new work  but I'm looking forward to see his installation of Home which I saw him build in the documentary Travelling with Nara.

I heard there are also some of his new ceramics but I couldn't find them on the Asia Society website. I'm hoping they are some such as the ones shown at the Tomio Koyama Gallery in Tokyo earlier this year:


All images (c) Yoshitomo Nara


The exhibition runs until January 2, 2011 - let me know what you think if you see it before I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...