Sunday, May 1, 2011

Do Something, Do Anything (Sol Lewitt to Eva Hesse)


I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted but have been super busy "doing" things, with the Art for Japan fundraiser coming up this Friday, and the few new projects I set out to do all at the same time:

I am toying (again) with the idea of opening an online store, and decided to go back to jewelry making. I found these few pieces that I made a few years ago, and they go me inspired to start again:



I have been playing with teeshirts and swaddling on a jewelry scale and want to experiment with mixing in other components such as metal or beads. Right now it looks like this:



I also started knitting this panel with paper yarn that I found at Habu last week:




Oh, and when in New York, I found some super soft leather hides that I couldn't resist.. and want to make bags or accessories with. I'll post pictures soon, it's very much "work in progress" with all the struggles that come with it : )
So voila.. a bit scattered, aren't I? I enjoyed watching this little clip this morning, based on a letter from Sol Lewitt to Eva Hesse , and I feel I'm doing plenty of "something" and "anything" :)



I hope it all comes together at some point..

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post; your knitting is fabulous. That video struck a real chord too.......thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous! You put me to shame with your beautiful art and your determination and your humor. So glad I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all. Very sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is my favorite conversation between two artists! I reread it often and take it to heart! Sounds like you have too! Lots of great work going on in your studio these days. Be free!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...