Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Snapshots from London


Just got back to London late last night. We had a great time overthere, despite having very limited time to walk around the city, taking care of/ keeping company to some elderly relatives. So we stayed mainly in beautiful Islington where we still encountered a few treasures such as these bird houses:








Also went to the recently opened sewing store / cafe Ray Stitch, ran by some ex Selvedge employees:






Couldn't resist these strips of woven fabric which are in fact selvedges from the weaving shop Wallace + Sewell:




I'll probably turn them into pillow covers at some point.

Also got this postcard to post in my studio:

Voila... on these words, heading back to the studio!









7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast visiting all those wonderful places we just read about. I just bought that liberty bia binding yesterday during Selvedges SALE! 20% off use code TUESDAY. Those birdhouses are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I didn't get to the Selvedge shop - closed on the week ends and Mondays didn't work for us.. the liberty stuff looked great, even though I didn't buy any.. I got some of the printed ribbon though - the one that looks like a yard stick/tape measurer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liebster u! (hope that's ok!)
    http://drucillapettibone.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-liebster-u.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it looks like you got in a few fun stops! Those selvages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sophie. Those birdhouses are really something! Neat store, too. Have a happy stitching holiday!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hii Nadia, same to you!! and a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Drucilla, I am mortified, just read your comment, I don't know how come I didn't see it earlier... Thank you though for promoting my blog, that's super sweet of you.
    All the best,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...